The network of AHP4PH Advocates offers the opportunity for you as an individual to be supported to put change ideas into action.
Are you an AHP with passion and enthusiasm to drive the implementation of public health within your area of practice?
Have you got a change idea that, with the support of a network, could deliver quality improvement in your area of practice?
Do you want to be part of a small network of advocates that will be recognised for leading public health innovation and driving change in your area of practice?
AHPs4PH was developed in 2016 as a community of interest for Allied Health Professionals (AHPs) and their teams. The group provides a platform to share and promote good practice, stay up to date with current policy and guidance and ultimately, help equip AHPs to improve the health of the public. The AHPs4PH team developed the AHPs4PH Advocates campaign. The scheme which ran for the first time last year, consisted of selected AHPs being supported to deliver a service improvement (SI) project related to Public Health using recognised quality improvement (QI) framework within their service. This year AHPs4PH have the support of NHS Improvement to run the Advocates scheme again using a 30, 60, 90 day collaborative approach and the model for improvement.
What will it involve?
As a public health advocate you will be required to do the following:
- Lead a piece of work within your team to contribute to improving the public’s health. This will require you to have ideas about what could be done and the skills to bring others on board.
- Join the network of public health advocates improvement collaborative to provide mutual support, learn together, share practice and forge strategic connections through the advocate scheme.
- As an advocate you will need to have support from your manager/organisation to take part in the improvement collaborative.
- You will need to be available to attend four improvement events on the 10th May, 15th June, 17th July, 13th September 2018. The events will be free but no travel costs will be covered.
More details are attached below.
What do I do if I am interested?
Complete a short expression of interest with:
- your name, profession, and organisation
- an outline describing what you feel you can contribute the advocate role,
- an overview of your change/improvement idea (public health and prevention focused and supports the delivery of AHPs into Action impact one),
- recognition of the commitment needing to be made (including attendance at the four events)
- the name of the project sponsor within your organisation who has given agreement to your involvement.
This information should be submitted to email@example.com between 21st March – 2nd April 2018.
You can contact any of the AHPs4PH team via firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or via their facebook or twitter page @AHPs4PH
Number of subscribers: 0